Morphological – adult
A species in the fraterculus-group.
- frons without brown markings except ocellar tubercle
- mesonotum with three pale postsutural vittae
- scutum posteriorly without brown markings or with only a single medial brown spot on scuto-scutellar suture, without brown vittae
- scutellum entirely yellow or with dark markings only on extreme base of disk
- subscutellum entirely yellow to orange, or yellow to red-brown medially, dark brown laterally
- mediotergite yellow to red-brown medially, dark brown laterally, or entirely yellow
- wing with typical Anastrepha pattern (S-band complete or at most interrupted at crossvein r-m, C-band and at least proximal arm of V-band present), C-band and S-band connected or separated, V-band proximal arm as dark as apical half of S band, not connected anteriorly to S band, V band distal arm complete and connected to proximal arm of V-band (often faintly)
- abdominal tergites without brown markings
- oviscape length 3.1 – 6.3 mm; aculeus 2.9 – 5.8 mm; aculeus tip length 0.28 – 0.42 mm
- aculeus tip width 0.12 – 0.14 mm; lateral margins of aculeus tip not curved dorsally.
Morphological – larvae
Information not available.
BOLD reference data available, but cannot be distinguished from A. fraterculus, A. distincta, A. obliqua or A. suspensa.
PCR-RFLP Test 1
BsrI: Does not cut
HhaI: Does not cut
Sau3AI: Does not cut
SnaBI: Does not cut
SspI: Does not cut
Approximate ITS1 fragment length – gel: 650 bp.
PCR-RFLP Test 2
There are no fully diagnostic restriction enzymes for A. ludens.
HinfI will distinguish the group A. ludens and A. suspensa, species which cannot be distinguished from each other.